The best gaming monitor under 200 can be hard to choose because there is a wide range of gaming monitors available in this range. The gaming monitors available in the market are from various brands, have different features and specifications.
To make the process of finding the best gaming monitor under 200 easier, it is better to understand your needs and usage. It is also better to visualize the set up of your whole gaming system in advance and then decide what kind of gaming monitor will be compatible with your planned setup.
The design of your Gaming monitor should be compatible with your desk space. While choosing the best gaming monitor under 200, it is better to buy a monitor that provides you good posture and harms your eyes the least because players often spend long hours gaming.
The second priority should be the specifications of your monitor; you want a monitor that brings the best out of the game and can cope up with it. You want a monitor that provides smooth and seamless performance and good visuals at the same time. Choose the gaming monitor that has advanced features and which lets you play the game at your full potential.
Best Gaming Monitor Under 200$ In 2020
The 25-inch AOC monitor comes with an ultra-thin bezel design. The frameless design enables you to immerse yourself in the game. The high refresh rate of 144 Hz when combined with Adaptive-Sync technology, gives smooth and responsive gameplay and graphics.
The high refresh rate reduces screen tear off, display stuttering, and input lag. The fast response time allows fast-moving action and dramatic transitions to be rendered smoothly.
- 24.5-inch TN panel with Full HD (1920×1080) resolution
- AOC LowBlue Mode to protect your eyes from harmful blue light
- Connectivity is provided using HDMI 1.4 (x2), DisplayPort 1.2, VGA, 3.5mm audio, USB 3.0 (x4)
- 1ms response time (GtG) to avoid ghosting
- To reduce screen tearing it is compatible with AdaptiveSync & NVIDIA G-SYNC technologies
- AOC Game Color provides 20 levels of grey level adjustment which boosts the details out of the game
- AOC dial point improves your aim with an optional crosshair overlay
- AOC Dial Point for pinpoint accuracy in FPS games
- The Low blue mode reduces eye fatigue
- It has a good refresh rate
- Screen tearing is reduced in the monitor
- The panel quality could have been better
- The monitor is bright and washed out
This monitor from AOC among the best gaming monitors under 200 has a display size of 24 inches. The monitor supports LED display technology and has a maximum display resolution of 1920 x 1080 (Full HD).
The curved monitor is good at wrapping itself around the user’s vision. The curved screen allows the user to immerse themselves in the game. The monitor has 21.14 x 9.64 x 20.19 inches as its dimensions.
- It has a response time of 1ms and a 144Hz refresh rate with AMD Freesync
- To support a multi-monitor setup, it has a 3-Sided frameless design with ultra-narrow borders
- For optimum ergonomics, it has a stand with adjustable height
- For connectivity, it comes with Displayport, 2x HDMI 1. 4, VGA inputs with audio Line-out for convenience
- Curved VA panel provides wide-viewing angles and allows total immersion
- FlickerFree and AOC LowBlue Mode Technology to reduce eye fatigue
- It has a good refresh rate and response time
- AOC Low Blue mode technology to reduce eye fatigue
- The curved screen gives a better gaming experience
- The viewing angle could have better
- The resolution could have been better
The Acer KG241Q is a great option for a monitor because of its Full HD resolution. The game’s frame rate is determined by your graphics card, not the fixed refresh rate of the monitor, because of AMD Radeon FreeSync technology, this feature gives a boost to your gaming skills. The flicker-less, low dimming, and ComfyView display provides a comfortable viewing experience to the user.
- It is a 23.6-inch display and a Full HD (1920 x 1080) resolution Widescreen TN Monitor
- AMD Radeon FreeSync Technology provided
- It has a 144Hz Refresh Rate and a response time of 1millisecond
- For connectivity, it provides 1 x Displayport and 2 x HDMI (Includes HDMI Cable)
- It includes Acer VisionCare Technologies.
- The Dimensions without stand (W x H x D) are22.32 x 13.22 x 2.39 inches
- It also supports 6-axis color adjustment to ensure the screen displays the highest standard of color accuracy
- The monitor provides LED display type
- It provides smooth performance
- It has a good refresh rate
- It provides extra features for gaming
- The panel could have been better
- Image quality is average
The Asus VP249QGR 23. 8 inch has a Full HD (1920×1080) display resolution. The monitor has a LED display type and has an IPS 178° wide viewing angle panel to provide a quality gaming experience. The monitor features the Asus Shadow Boost technology; this feature clarifies dark areas of the game world without overexposing brighter areas.
This feature enhances the overall viewing experience and makes it easier to spot enemies hidden in dark spots. This Asus monitor also features the exclusive GamePlus feature of Asus; it is incorporated to give you in-game enhancements by allowing gamers to practice and improve their gaming skills.
- The monitor has a refresh rate of up to 144Hz. It also comes with Adaptive-Sync (FreeSync ) technology to eliminate tracing and ensure crisp and clear video playback
- It features Asus Extreme Low Motion Blur technology which enables a 1ms response time together; The two features combine to eliminate ghosting and tearing for sharp gaming visuals with high frame rates
- It features Asus Eye Care technology with flicker-free backlighting and a blue light filter to protect your eyes
- The monitor has extensive connectivity including DisplayPort, HDMI and D-sub ports and VESA wall-mountable to save on desktop space
- Its has a good display quality
- It has a high refresh rate with AMD FreeSync
- It performs smoothly
- A tilt-only stand is provided
- Speaker sound is average
This monitor in the list of the best gaming monitors under 200 is great for gaming. The monitor has a 1800R screen curvature; the curved screen lets the player immerse himself in the game, the screen wraps itself around the user’s vision and also the curvature makes the screen feel bigger. The edgeless monitor provides flicker less and crisper pictures by preventing the backlight from flickering periodically.
The monitor provides stunning color and picture detail on a 24-inch screen. It provides a smooth gaming experience with quick response time, because of the fast response time ghosting and blurring are reduced; this eventually allows the user to enjoy the monitor with clarity and precision.
- The monitor has a high refresh rate of 75Hz and Brightness of 250 cd/m2
- Blue light shift mode to provide a warm light screen to ensure eye care
- The monitor has 21.34 x 7.95 x 15.94 inches as dimensions
- The monitor has a 1080P (1920 x 1080 pixels) display resolution
- The monitor has good grayscale performance
- It provides a curved screen
- The monitor has a good design
- It has a low refresh rate
- Adaptive Sync Technology is absent
This Asus monitor is built to provide an optimal gaming experience. The 24-inch monitor, with its fast response time and refresh time, promises to provide a smooth gaming experience. Asus has tried to minimize input lag, to let the user take full advantage of the fast reaction time.
This gaming monitor supports AMD Free-Sync Technology, which reduces screen tearing and choppy frame rates and provides seamless and smooth gameplay. The monitor also includes features to take care of your eyes and to reduce the monitor glare that harms the eyes.
- It has a 1ms response time; it also features the Asus Game Fast Input Technology and dual HDMI ports for a smooth console gaming experience. The brightness of the monitor is 250 cd/㎡
- To reduce eye fatigue, it features Asus Eye Care technology with a flicker-free and blue light filter
- The monitor includes FreeSync/Adaptive-Sync technology for a better gaming experience and has a 75HZ refresh rate for a tear-free experience with AMD Radeon GPUs
- The dimensions of the monitor are 22.0 x 12.95 x 1.96 inches
- It features six preset display modes to optimize visuals for different types of content
- It has a quick response time
- It supports AMD FreeSync
- It has a low input lag
- It has a low refresh rate
- The viewing angle could have been better
This option in the list of the best gaming monitor under 200 is a huge 27 inch curved LED monitor. The curve of the monitor is good for capturing the viewer’s attention. The curved screen wraps itself around the user’s vision and provides an immersive viewing experience. The monitor has an ultra-slim and sleek design and looks modern and simple at the same time.
Samsung has tried to minimize input latency and dramatically reduced image tearing and stutter during gaming, allowing the players to experience their games at the highest levels. The monitor allows the users to experience vibrant and stunningly vivid colors.
- The monitor has an Industry leading 1800R screen curvature for immersive viewing and better gaming experience
- The monitor has a Rapid 4ms response time for a clear picture during fast-moving scenes
- The monitor has 24.5-inch x 14.5-inch x 3.2 inch without stand dimension, and With Stand it has 24.5-inch x 18.4-inch x 9.6 inches as dimensions
- It supports LED display type and has a display resolution of 1920 x 1080 pixels
- Has refresh rate of 60 Hertz
- It has a feature to reduce eye fatigue; the Eye Saver Mode reduces the glare from the monitor
- It has the Eco-Saving Plus feature that reduces screen brightness to save power
- It has a wide 27-inch screen
- It has good display quality
- The Eye Saver mode reduces eye fatigue
- It has a slow response time
- It does not have a good refresh rate
This one is another curved screen monitor from Sceptre. This monitor promises to give the players a great gaming experience with its high refresh rate and AMD FreeSync technology. The monitor provides an Anti- Flicker and crisper picture. The LED panel of the monitor promises to provide the best visuals for the game. The monitor has a modern design.
- It is a 24-inch Gaming Monitor with 1800R screen curvature
- 144 Hz refresh rate
- The monitor provides AMD FreeSync With FreeSync to provide a seamless and fast-paced gaming experience
- For connectivity, the monitor has DisplayPort, HDMI, Audio Out Jack
- The monitor can tilt 15° backward and 5° forward
- The monitor has 21.50 x 5.40 x 15.60 inches as its dimensions
- It has a good refresh rate
- It has a curved screen
- It supports AMD FreeSync
- The connectivity options are less; no USB port is provided
- The stand is tilt-only
Buyer’s Guide for Best Gaming Monitor under 200
It is important to get a gaming monitor with good resolution. A good resolution monitor has sharper and better visuals, which makes the game enjoyable. We have monitors with HD.UHD,4K, AND QHD resolutions, among which 4k has the best resolution. For gaming, a minimum HD resolution is needed.
- Refresh Rate
A higher refresh rate is important for a better gaming experience.
Refresh rates are measured in Hertz; a higher refresh means that more images can be updated per second and will provide a smoother transition. For a good gaming experience, a minimum of 60 hertz of refresh rate is needed. A good refresh rate reduces screen tearing and choppy frame rates.
- Response Time
For a good gaming experience, quick response time is important, so it is advised to get a monitor with low response time value. Response time determines how quickly your display can switch between fully active and inactive.
The response time is measured in milliseconds, for decent gameplay, it is advised to go for a monitor with a response time lesser than 5 milliseconds.
You need to buy a monitor that fits perfectly for your desk space. A bigger screen provides better visuals but it is advised to choose the size that suits your usage.
- Curved Screen or Flat Screen
It depends on your preferences. Curved monitors have a better immersive ability because it wraps itself around the user’s vision as its curvature appears to be bigger than the original. However, the curved screen can harm the eyes with its glare.
- Adaptive Sync Technology
For a good gaming experience, it is better to have a monitor with Adaptive-Sync Technology. Adaptive-Sync Technology reduces the tearing of the screen, stuttering, and other issues that are encountered during Gaming.
Adaptive-Sync Technology allows the refresh to adjust itself according to the game’s frame rate dynamically. For AMD we have the FreeSync, and For Nvidia, a GPU, we have the G-sync.
The base of the monitor, the stand is very important in terms of design and adjustability. With a flexible stand, you can easily modify your monitor’s angle in a manner that suits you and your workspace.
Choose a stand that has good ergonomics, and that suits your body posture, also in some cases; there are stands that allow you to adjust the monitor in a way that harms your eyes the least.
- 7 Best 27 Inch Monitor Under 300
- 10 Best 144Hz Monitor Under 300
- Asus VP28UQG Review: Best 4K Gaming Monitor?
- Asus VG278Q Review: Best 144Hz Monitor?
There are a lot of good gaming monitors available in the market. The wide range gives you a good chance of choosing the best gaming monitor under 200 that suits your needs. When gaming is the primary object of your computer, it is important to get a monitor that brings the best out of every game you play and gives the user a great experience.
The best gaming monitor under 200 should have good immersive quality; it should bring the best out of the game’s visuals. The best gaming monitor should fulfill all the needs of the gamer. With the best gaming monitor under 200, you can showcase your game at its peak.