People have gone crazy about the TikTok app. But political, social circumstances made us to delete the TikTok account. Do you want to deactivate TikTok temporarily or do you want to permanently delete TikTok account from your device?
Then this article will help you with it by just a few steps that you need to follow. TikTok account can be easily deactivated from your smartphone and it is recommended that you use the Android or iOS app of TikTok to do so, this will make the process easy.
Why TikTok Should Be deleted?
TikTok is popular and one of the most addictive social media apps. It has a unique way of gathering an audience and holding them for a long time. TikTok was also known as Musical.ly, most people find it the biggest time killer of all time. With those unending clips to watch while scrolling down. While it does relax some people, it is an addiction for others and to stop it people decide to delete or deactivate their account.
Also, In India, TikTok got banned in 2020. Hence, you must delete your TikTok account now.
How to Delete or Deactivate TikTok Account?
Follow these steps to delete or deactivate the TikTok account:
Step 1- At first, open the TikTok app on your Android or iOS device.
When you open the TikTok app, you will see five icons on the bottom of the screen. Which includes your profile icon at the rightmost side of the screen. Tap on the same and it will take you to your profile section. In the profile section, all of your account info is visible along with your name at the top.
Step 2- Tap on three horizontal dots which refer to ‘Privacy and Settings’, present at the top right corner of your screen.
Tap on three horizontal dots at the top right of your screen and it will open the Privacy and Settings section. It involves settings related to Account, General, and some terms and condition info along with the Log Out button.
PS- The screenshot is edited and does not showcase all the options that it will in regular practice. There might be some difference in this screenshot and the actual app profile section.
Step 3- Tap on ‘Manage My Account’ under the Account section.
After you tap onto ‘Manage My Account’, you will see three options as My TikTok code, Phone Number, and Password. And at the bottom centre of the screen, you will notice a line as ‘Thinking about removing your account ?’, and this is the option you need for deleting your account. Please note that if you had not registered your Phone Number with TikTok, you need to register one now. As it won’t let you delete your account without adding your Phone Number.
Step 4– Tap on ‘Thinking about removing your account ?’ which is present at the bottom centre of your screen.
Now you need to add your phone number if you had not added it yet. After that you will be getting an SMS which will contain a 4 digit verification code, you need to enter the same verification code and tap on continue. On the right side, you also get one option as Send Code, if you tap on it, you will get the same code again, in case you didn’t get the code before.
Step 5- Tap on Continue, after reading warnings.
Now it is the final step for deleting your account, if you Continue, you will be successful in deleting your account. But before that, you should know that,
- You would not be able to log in to your TikTok account.
- You will not have access to any of your posts.
- Refund on any item that you have purchased will not initiate.
- Information that is not in your account such as chat messages, can still be visible to others.
There is one thing to remember, your account will be deactivated for 30 days. And after that, it will be deleted permanently. During this time of 30 days, you won’t be visible to others and also won’t be able to post anything through the account. If you log in to your account within 30 days, it won’t be deleted and will be recovered from losing data. This is the final step.
PS- This screenshot is not exact, and the original deactivation message will differ from this, you will have your name under the message.
Even after deactivation, TikTok stores some of your information so to recognize you next time whenever you create a new account and give better service. After you delete your account, your profile resets and all videos made by you get delete as well as followers and following members also get wiped off. It is not really recommended to delete your account, as it wipes all data made by you and refreshes. Also, there is no other way of deleting or disabling your account temporarily, this is the only way with which you can go.
Some Pro Tips
- Always clear the cache of the TikTok app and this helps you to save storage on your phone, as well as keep the loading time of the app-less.
- You can remove strangers from following you by going to the ‘Message’ icon. Then tap on ‘Fans’, then locate and select the fan you wish to remove from your list. Now you will be on to the following person’s profile. After that tap on the ‘three dots icon’, then a small list of options will appear at the bottom, select ‘Block’. That’s it. You will end up blocking that person and he/she won’t be able to see any of your TikTok videos. This can protect you from many situations where you would lose your privacy.
- You can also delete a TikTok video if you want to. Open the TikTok app, select the ‘Account’ option, then you will be in a gallery, then find the video which you wish to delete and open it. After that tap on the ‘three dots’ icon and select the ‘Delete’ option. This can be handy for immediate actions from you on your account.
Deleting the TikTok account is quite easy. You can permanently log out from your account in minutes. However, if you wish to keep some videos, then the Wellness feature of the TikTok app will help you. The decision is yours. For more such information stay tuned.