|Shun Classic 8” Chef’s Knife with VG-MAX Cutting Core and Ebony PakkaWood Handle||4.6|
|Soufull Chef Knife 8 inches Japanese Stainless Steel Gyutou Knife||4.3|
|Zelite Infinity Chef Knife 8 Inch - Alpha-Royal Series||4.7|
|DALSTRONG Phantom Series - Japanese High-Carbon - AUS8 Steel||4.5|
|TUO Cutlery Cleaver Knife - Japanese AUS-10 Damascus Steel||4.7|
|KUMA Multi Purpose Chef Knife||4.6|
|Ginsu Gourmet Chikara Series Forged 12-Piece Japanese Steel Knife Set||3.8|
|Tojiro DP Gyutou - 8.2"||4.6|
|Mercer Culinary M22907 Millennia 7-Inch Nakiri Knife||4.8|
|Chef Knife - Professional 8 Inch Japanese Kitchen Knife||4.6|
Best User Reviews:
1. I tested this knife without sharpening it first, and it cuts through fish with no problem. I had an easy time removing the skin from a salmon fillet. I am going to grind this on my water stones, but It will work without being sharpened.
2. Extremely sharp. I don’t know how long it will hold an edge. I use it in our travel trailer. Used about 30 times now and seems just as sharp as when purchased. It’s not hammered the steel lines are laser engraved.
3. On-time, good quality, and great price. Small minor issue with the end of the blade but not enough to lose a star…again for the price, you’re getting a great deal, good weight, not too light or too heavy, good clean cut, thick enough to be able to use for a good couple years after sharpening, wear and tear
4. I needed a knife to cut thin slices of cured salmon (gravlax). This knife does it well where my other knives even sharpened can’t hold a candle to this one.
5. The knife is weighted well, cuts good and is easily cleaned. The product box is durable enough to keep and use for permanent storage of the knife when not in use.
6. A remarkable knife at any price. The knife is extremely sharp, made of heavy stainless steel, with a nice wooden handle. All-round excellent!
Zelite Infinity Chef Knife 8 Inch – Alpha-Royal Series – Japanese AUS-10 Super Steel 67-Layer Damascus
Best User Reviews:
1. This fine knife arrived beautifully packaged and protected. When I took it out of the package, I was impressed with the solid heft of the knife, and the way it felt to grip. Other reviews mentioned how sharp the blade is, and they are so right. It really cuts beautifully. This is by far the finest knife I have ever owned. Seller inserts were helpful, and lead me to believe that they will stand behind their products.
2. These knives are astonishing. Not just the immediate sharpness, but the weight, the balance, the obvious quality of the materials and craftsmanship. And the delightful packaging.
I have what I think is quite a good collection of knives that I have put together over many years – Several Wusthof, various Japanese knives, some really old carbon steel knives with wooden handles, inherited from my mother who had them for a wedding present in 1955, and still as sharp as you like.
None of them has the combination of quality that I perceive in these two Zelite knives – an 8 inch Alpha Royal chef knife and a 6 inch Alpha Royal utility knife.
I expect my kids will be using them in 60 years’ time, just like I use my mum’s knives!
3. I purchased this knife a month ago and am very impressed and happy with everything about it. The blade is extremely sharp, durable, and beautiful. The handle is amazingly comfortable, and the overall performance is exactly what I would expect from a knife at this price point. I would absolutely buy this again.
My one bit of positive suggestion is to offer a really nice custom wooden gift box as an optional purchase. The box it comes in is nice enough and is aligned with the quality of the product but doesn’t help this knife stand out. I can see how offering a beautiful optional box would add value to this purchase. I would have happily paid extra.
4. I was waiting to post a more detailed review until after I actually put the blade to some use. The first thing I noticed upon pulling is a nice out of the box was the weight, which is a bit heftier than most Japanese steel. I personally like a heavier knife, so this was a plus. The craftsmanship is exquisite; the time put into designing these knives is readily apparent. It fits comfortably, it’s balanced, and the thin but sturdy blade made a chiffonade of romaine a breeze. Overall I am very satisfied, and I look forward to using this knife again soon!
5. This is a very beautiful 6-inch utility knife that also performs fabulously. The full-tang knife is made with a 67-layer Japanese VG10 Super Steel with high carbon stainless steel which is ground at 12~15 degrees cutting angle for maximum sharpness and safety. The handle is very comfortable, and the fit & finish is superb throughout the knife. The edge retention of this VG10 knife is exceptionally good and thus, will only need minimal touch-ups occasionally. Aside from the high performance of this utility knife, it is simply a pleasure to stare at as it is a work of art. It comes very well packed in a protective box. Thank you very much, ZELITE.
6. A couple of months ago, Zelite wowed me with their chef’s knife, which is the highest quality, sharpest, and most beautiful knife I’ve ever owned. I have been eagerly waiting for them to release more knives from this line, so as soon as I found out that they now have a bread knife and a santoku knife, I bought them both without hesitation.
The first thing I noticed about this knife was how heavy it is. It feels solid in the hand, and the contour of the handle makes it very comfortable to hold. The second thing I noticed was how sharp it is. The day it arrived, my husband came home with a crusty baguette — the kind that I normally wrestle with, using our old Henckels bread knife. This Zelite bread knife is no joke! It sliced through that baguette like it was nothing, so I decided to try just pushing straight down on the baguette (vs. using a sawing motion) to see what would happen. To my surprise, it cut clean through. It didn’t squish it; I didn’t have to bear down on the back of the blade with the palm of my other hand, there was no cracking and crumbling of the crust, it was just a nice, clean, effortless cut. I then tried just pushing the blade straight down on a soft, ripe tomato, and again, it cut clean through without squishing it.
Like the chef’s knife, the bread knife comes beautifully boxed. I have a few friends who are getting married this year, and I plan on giving these bread knives as gifts because a) whether they cook or not, everyone needs a good bread knife, b) these knives speak to a standard of quality that is getting exceedingly hard to come by, and c) I know they will be used often and for a lifetime, if not for generations. Yes, these knives are that extraordinary.