It is common knowledge that social interactions make people happier, healthier, and more satisfied. But during the coronavirus times, people had to sit in lockdowns or quarantines without going out or proper socialization. This resulted in how methods of communication and leisure had changed. But not only the pandemic had its influence. Global processes led to high mobility: traveling, remote work, and moving to different countries to study, work or live. While classic phone calls are becoming out of date, the various digital platforms for communication, such as Facebook, WhatsApp, Twitter, etc., are helping to enhance life and relationships. There is a great choice of ways to stay online with your friends providing fun and meaningful interactions.
Ways to spend time with friends online
Sometimes it’s impossible to meet in person, but there are many ways to stay connected with your friends and enjoy online communication. All you need is an Internet connection. Here are some ideas on how to spend time online:
- Paypal casinos allow you to set up a room with your friends and enjoy a variety of online games. PayPal is one of the easiest deposit options in online casinos. If you are a fan of betting and gambling, it is a perfect decision to “grab” your friends together and have fun without asking yourself, “is it possible to win at an online casino?”. The answer is so obvious.
- Netflix Party is a great idea to watch a film or a TV show together. A user can host a “meeting” with friends to enjoy the time behind the screen, and at the same time, you can talk to each other via chat box to discuss what you’ve seen. Watching films with friends is certainly more fun than watching alone.
- Online games are one of the most popular leisure activities for people of all ages and are so fun when played together with friends. Many apps allow you to talk while playing, and it’s simple to coordinate with friends.
- Classic games, such as Monopoly, Uno, Scrabble, and many more, are available on virtual platforms. You can invite friends and play in teams or against each other.
- Yoga practice, meditation, or any workout session can be done together. Being in a team can make it easier to start getting fit and improving your well-being.
- Live concerts and events have become popular due to the pandemic. Many artists and musicians started streaming their live performances on virtual platforms. So now you can attend the show of your favorite singer or band in real-time all over the world with your friends from home without travel expenses.
- Singing together via internet karaoke can be great fun with apps, like Smule, for example. Some apps can even offer singing competitions.
- For creative people drawing together online can be a great experience. It is a good habit for discovering your creative skills and sharing them with friends.
- You can start a virtual book club and discuss your favorite books. A nice way to stay connected through common interests and, at the same time, learn something new.
- All the go-to activities can be done online. It’s so simple to set up a get-together with friends via Zoom, Skype, etc. This is a great way to keep in touch. You can virtually enjoy the thing you did in-person: chat, eat, drink. Why not organize a virtual dinner with your friends?
Why have people become more withdrawn?
Some recent studies show that virtual interactions with friends still lower the level of stress, mental health issues, and feeling of loneliness. On the contrary, other research states that there is no connection between the frequency of online communication and mental well-being. Anyway, it might seem that online interactions have made people more withdrawn. However, it can be more beneficial. One of the reasons is that people who often post, comment or message through online platforms are likely to feel connectedness compared to passive users. Virtual activities like online gaming help people connect and communicate with friends in real-time by enjoying their time together. Talking on the phone or through video chats leads to feeling more social connection than texting in online chats. And, of course, friend or dating apps can help people form new offline relationships. To get more advantages and fewer disadvantages, you have to become aware of which online activities have a positive influence on your well-being and mood.
People are spending more and more time online, and this trend can’t be moved backward as virtual technologies are a great part of everyday life, work, leisure, and relationships. Remember that it is all about the quality of time spent online than the quantity. The more meaningful and interactive the virtual activities are, the more you benefit from communication.