All of us have played the Telephone game once in our life. It is considered to be a great ice-breaker at parties. The Telephone Game aka Pass the Message aka Chinese Whisper is a simple yet fun game. You do not require a lot of props, but just people to pass the telephonic message. According to the original game you just have to pass the original message, however, a few variations have been introduced over time. So today we are going to share some 150+ telephone game phrases and one word that you can use in your next gaming session.
What is the Telephone Game?
The Telephone Game aka Chinese Whisper is played among a group of friends. You can arrange yourself either in a straight line or circle. The game is about testing your communication and coordination skills. One of the main issues in relationships is misunderstanding and this game is the perfect example of it. How one should not believe in everything you hear because as the information travels it gets distorted.
How to Play the Telephone Game?
The Telephone Game is a very fun and simple game to play. You might have played it a lot of times with your friends and family. But if you haven’t then here are some simple steps to understand it. There is no limit to the number of people that can play the game, and if you have that special one beside you, you never know you can just confess your feelings through the game.
So let us have a look at the game rules-
Step 1- Collect a minimum of 8-10 participants. The more the people the better and interesting the game will become. And the outcome will be unexpectedly funnier.
Step 2- Next select a pattern to arrange everyone. You can either align in a straight line or form a circle. Make sure that all the participants are equally distanced. They should be so close that they can whisper in the ear of the next participant, but not close enough for the other participants to hear.
Sep 3- To begin the game, he first participant will whisper a word or a phrase in the ear of the next person. And he/she will forward your message to the next.
Step 4- The same process is repeated till the message reaches the last participant.
Step 5- After the last participant gets the message he/she has to say the message aloud along with the first participant. The original message as well as the final message will have zero connection and is so funny and eccentric.
150+ Cool Telephone Game Phrases
Some participants use single words to start the game, while others start with phrases. Coming up with good Telephone phrases quickly can be difficult. You want to start the game with a phrase that can be misinterpreted easily and are a little challenging as well. To make the game interesting and fun, here are a few telephone game phrases ideas that you can use.
- Don’t move! There’s a gigantic spider behind you!
- A dog named Moose ran loose through the spruce forest chasing a goose.
- If I could go back in time, I would yell at Troy, “It’s a trap!”
- Kaleidoscopes, Calliopes, and Christopher Columbus.
- Jokers, jesters, and jugglers jingled, jumped, and jigged for the King of Jordan.
- My favorite thing to do on a rainy afternoon is watching Lord of the Rings and party like a hobbit.
- Who’s your friend who likes to play, Bing Bong, Bing Bong!
- You’re a sad, strange little man, and you have my pity.
- I still think Nicolas Cage would’ve made a great Superman.
- Musical mice made the muffin mix while humming a melancholy melody.
- Minions would look really weird with contacts.
- Have you ever noticed that it only ever seems to rain when you have to go somewhere?
- Facebook is perfect for aunts who want to creep on nieces and nephews and tattletale on them for holding a beer.
- The easiest way to make an adult man cry is to force him to watch Toy Story 3.
- Ted’s toolbox fixes Fred’s friend’s Ford.
- Don’t tell me name brands and generics are the same until you’ve tried generic mac and cheese.
- For Christmas this year, I’m asking Santa for an Amazon gift card.
- The only thing I like better than reading a book is watching the movie and never reading the book.
- A Taco Bell chicken quesadilla with extra creamy jalapeno sauce.
- The best chips are chocolate ones.
- Education is important, but big muscles are importanter.
- If I were a dinosaur, I’d be an Ankylosaurus, a tough, armored exterior but with a leafy loving heart of gold!
- Chinese food is made with sugar and spice, and lots of rice.
- People who know me would say that my best quality is my unwavering optimism or my sarcasm.
- I really need to break my habit of opening a million new tabs I’ll never look at.
- My guilty pleasure is watching FailArmy.
- I’m cursed with the terrible fate of relentlessly interrupting everyone around me.
- The entrance is guarded by a fire-breathing, near-sighted dragon with a fear of heights.
- I have no idea what I’m doing, but I know I’m doing it really well.
- The only thing better than a tall, dark, and handsome man, is one carrying a pizza box.
- Sally sells sushi by the seashore.
- Not even an iceberg could sink our friendship!
- In high school, I was voted most likely to become a cat lady.
- When I grow up, I want to be an excavator.
- You’ve been voted off the island.
- My sexy dance moves have been described as a blend of Beyonce and Mr. Bean.
- Koala bears are cute and pandas bears are cuddly.
- I’m going to sleep like a two-year-old after eating pizza.
- Dumbo’s real name is Jumbo Junior.
- When I was six, I had a pet guinea pig that I named “Sir Piggysworth.”
- When you’re in an exam and can’t stop coughing.
- I like Voltage better than Code Red, but not as much as Livewire.
- Nobody’s favorite food is cabbage.
- I only Riverdance when I’m happy.
- Unlucky Laura lost her lunch at the library last week.
Funny Telephone Game Phrases Ideas
Lines and phrases which are funny and difficult to remember to make the game more interesting. So why not include such phrases that will get easily manipulated on their way to the last person. Check out some of these phrases here.
- Ghostly gum tastes gooey
- Noisy Ned needs nuggets
- Junie B Jones likes Jamba Juice
- Scarecrows steal soft sandwiches
- Dracula drinks dark drool
- Snowflakes will slide softly soon
- Moody Mummies munch on moldy mothballs
- ________ makes math mash-ups (fill in your child’s teachers name )
- Walking in a Winter Wonderland
- Teachers take tons of toadstools
- Leaves like loose piles
- Recess rocks restless roosters
- Lightning McQueen likes loaded lunches
- Counting cars quietly
- I’d love to eat toasted cheese and tuna sandwiches.
- Classmates climb cars for cash
- The angry birds ate candy and crushed the subway surfer.
- The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog and says hello to the cat.
- Wednesday is the hump day, but is the camel happy about it.
- A pink pig and a pesky donkey flew a kite at night.
- Alex the Alsatian ate eleven Éclairs in the evening with an Espresso.
- Rabbits rumble, giants grumble, dogs bark in the dark, and wolves woo in the blue.
- The Martians invested in shares when the NASDAQ dropped several feet.
- Bob the builder rented Oswald’s apartment and borrowed Noddy’s car.
- Roger racketed seventeen balls against Sylvester alone.
- A guppy in a shark tank
- Red roses with thorny stems
- Candy crunching coconut lovers
- More maids mop hotels.
- Cold crunching coconut covers.
- The shark tank has a guppy.
- Doorknobs and doorjambs with hasps and hinges
- White flowers with thorny stems.
- Suitcase with a new suit.
- Ten cups in the cupboard.
- The big box on the road.
- Blue chair on the table.
- Too blue to make it through.
- It is nice to have black mice.
- Green bag burst big bubbles.
- She sells sea shells.
- Sparkling sweet sugar.
- The door closed behind the poor.
- Popping pure purree.
- Micky Mouse enjoys raw fish.
- Low light looks gloomy.
- The ice cream was melting.
- I once saw a rainbow in London.
- My ponytail got stuck in my shirt.
- Candy floss is my favourite snack.
- I learned to swim when I was 14.
- My dad got me a pink balloon.
- Lane did not wash the dishes.
- I broke my toy robot.
- I wish I had a pet bunny.
- The store ran out of yoga mats.
- The eggs just broke on the way.
- Chocolates make my teeth hurt.
One Word Telephone Phrases
One words can also be great for the telephone game. If not heard right they are lost in the middle and an all new different word becomes the final result.
Telephone Game Phrases for Adults
Telephone games are great ice-breaking activity for parties. It is a popular game amongst adults as well.
- Hounds dig big holes to bury big bones.
- Doors and jabs with hooks and hikes.
- A bunch of blueberries launched on one blue coat.
- Three tiny tigers ate full fit flamingos.
- Thirteen tumbling plum people pulled potatoes.
- The king sat on his throne and ordered thorny kumquats.
- The computer computes compact computations.
- Two funny bunnies ate colored candies in two-colored cans.
- It is true that no glue sticks through.
- Tommy told Tim to tuck tight trousers.
- Too late to debate on fate.
- Feelings reveal real feels.
- Olly ought not to dodge hot spots.
- So soon to show some silver seeds.
- Full flavors for fresh fondue.
- During the fight, the seconds shot each other and put an end to the duel.
- Pricy paper points to power.
- The burglar broke into the house in the middle of the night.
- Sally has swum in the Pacific Ocean before.
- Josh drew two cigarettes from his pocket and lit them.
- My niece loved playing the piano when she was 11.
- It is weird that I don’t like pizza and chocolates because I don’t know anyone like me.
- When I was a child, I wanted to be an astronaut but I knew that is going to be hard.
- Jeremy’s real name is Jeremiah and he prefers his real name.
- Mike had sneezed 20 times before the nurse came to check him.
- Camilla had lost by 26 votes and she was crying in the bathroom.
- Sherlock is one of her favorite shows but she still hasn’t completed the series.
- Sara lost her munch money last week and she still has not found it yet.
- I think the cabbage has gone bad after we went on vacations.
- The lightning struck the old man and he could not survive.
- I go to the beach when I am the happiest.
- Growing up, I had been very scared of dogs.
- The tigers almost had him until he was rescued by the brave soldiers.
The Telephone game is popular amongst kids as well as adults. We hope you have a great time playing it with your friends and family.