There are a variety of background removal tools available on the Internet. In this short piece, we’ll discuss the top four ways to remove a background. You can achieve a transparent background, or use your own image instead. Each method is wonderful in its own way; some are fully automated, while others require manual editing. Read on to discover which background removal method fits your requirements best.
Depositphotos Background Remover
With the Depositphotos background remover, you can remove the background from any photo, and you can also place your subject over your own image. It’s completely free, and you don’t need any design skills to use it! The background is automatically removed from your image using automated AI technology, which means the whole process is quick and convenient! Simply upload, wait a few seconds, and the free photo editing tool will do the work for you!
This method works for any type of an image, making this photo editing too ideal for background removal; it works on:
- Photos where the subjects are people.
- Photos where the subjects are animals.
- Photos of graphics.
- Photos where the subjects are objects.
This is truly an impressive free tool. It’s convenient, quick, and you can even generate an image with a transparent background. Whether you’re working on a personal or business-related project, this tool will take care of everything and produce high quality results.
Now, this next method is slightly less convenient, but the results are impressive as well. When it comes to photoshop, the background removal process is manual. This is still an extremely effective method,but perhaps better suited to those with more time and patience.
How to use it:
- Select your photo subject and select your desired background.
- Now, by using the Quick Selection tool, you are able to select your subject’s shape within the image; then, you must apply the ‘select subject’ and the ‘select and mask’ tools.
- Removing the rough spots is the next stage of this process. After clicking on ‘Select and Mask’ go to the ‘Properties’ tab and use ‘Shift Edge’. This is a slider that allows you to refine the image on your selected areas.
- After these steps, your subject layer should be selected; the next step is to add a layer mask, by using the ‘Add Layer Mask’ feature.
- By selecting ‘Filter > Blur > Average’ next you are able to match the lighting of your new background to the original image of your subject.
- Finally, find a new background, and place your chosen subject onto it. The last step is to set ‘Blend Mode to Soft Light’, and reduce the ‘Opacity’ setting.
While this method is a little more time-consuming, it is still another fantastic option.
Now, if you do not have Adobe Photoshop skills, do not worry. GIMP is another fantastic free background removal tool, perfectly suited for creating transparent backgrounds. The process here is also manual, but by following these steps, anyone should be able to achieve results.
- First, open GIMP and the image of your choice. Then, go to ‘File > Open’
- Right click on your image, and after using the layer box, select ‘Add Layer Mask’ from the dropdown menu.
- When the dialogue box appears, check the ‘White (full opacity)’ feature.
- After these first steps, the layer mask should be white. Now, you’re going to remove the background of the image you do not want by changing into a block color. By doing this, the foreground color stays the same using the color box on the right-hand side.
- Next, make use of the ‘Paintbrush’ tool and activate it; fill in the areas you do not want with a block color, making sure the mask is activated before you start using the paintbrush.
- To be able to maintain the transparency of your selected photo, it is essential that the file is saved as a “PNG’ file. Simply save and export it.
So there we have it, another great option for anyone who may be searching for their new, free background removal tool online.
Another way to make your image background transparent is through Powerpoint. This method is simpler than using GIMP or Photoshop+, as it is more automated and requires less user input. However, it does require more manual editing, especially when compared to Depositphotos.
How to remove an image background using Powerpoint:
- Add your image.
- Using the ‘Format Tab,’ select the ‘Remove Background’ option.
- Powerpoint will automatically select the areas you want to keep.
- You can now make adjustments to your selected area; the next step is to ensure that you have selected all the correct areas.
- Next, use the ‘Background Removal Tool’, and by clicking on ‘Mark Areas to Remove,’ you can select all the other areas you wish to remove.
- That’s it! But before you exit Powerpoint, be sure to save your changes.
There are so many options when it comes to finding the perfect background removal tool. All four options will help you achieve your desired results. However, when it comes to convenience, there is a clear frontrunner, and it is the bg remover tool by Depositphotos.