These days, online media has become one of the most widely used tools for lead generation. After all, leveraging this marketing instrument correctly can elevate the brand’s visibility to the right consumers, boost customer loyalty, and improve the business’s influence on its market. However, brands must make use of various strategies and hire the best PPC companies to make the most of the medium and achieve the intended outcome. Generally speaking, these techniques fall under the following categories: paid, earned, and owned media. We’ll give you a brief overview of the aforementioned methods in this article and some insight into their future and efficacy as advertising platforms.
As its name suggests, owned media alludes to profiles or platforms that the brand has direct control over. Some examples of this include but are not limited to blogs, social media, and the business’s website. Despite the difference between these channels, they all share the same purpose of delivering the message of the brand and marketing its offerings to its target audience on its terms. This presents the business with the advantage of not only controlling the content that it wishes to publish. But also the frequency of when the materials are updated and how it can be interacted by users. It also gives the brand the ability to manage both outgoing and incoming connections and the aesthetic structure and appearance of the web pages that visitors view.
- Social media. Nearly ninety percent of all marketers make use of social media to reach out to their target audience, and for a very good reason: it works. Not only does the platform help generate a lot of exposure for a business. But brands can connect to prospective customers on a deeper and more personal level and encourage better engagement as a result.
- Websites. A business website is a necessity in this day and age for a few vital reasons. For starters, it serves as a means of educating consumers on the offerings of a brand, giving them a better idea of the products and services to encourage purchases. It also builds trust and credibility with the market, maintaining existing clients while reeling in prospective consumers.
- Blogs. Blogs present brands with the opportunity to draw potential customers in through the use of published materials. The content posted can range from the services rendered or products offered by the company to informational pieces relevant to the business’s industry that users may be interested.
Due to the control that brands have through owned media, it’s not uncommon for many companies to leverage it for promotion purposes. However, the consumers of today no longer respond to overbearing sales pitches and advertisement campaigns in the same way that they did in the past. So, if you want to get the desired results, focus on engagement. From connecting the brand across all digital channels and offering entertaining and insightful content to frequently updating and interacting with your audience, prioritizing engagement can go a long way.
Whenever brands pay any kind of media to reach out to their target consumers, they utilize paid media. Paid advertisement, search results, and sponsorships are just a few of the many types of paid media. The advantage of using this form of marketing through the best PPC companies is giving businesses a chance to connect with prospective customers who may not necessarily be looking to connect with the company’s offerings. Additionally, it offers brands a certain degree of control, even if the advertisement may not appear on any channels under its control.
- Search results. Links to the website of businesses appear in elevated positions on the search results pages when brands pay for places within it. This strategy can be incredibly useful, especially when it comes to highly competitive industries because it gives a company a better chance to be found by the right customers.
- Sponsorship. Sponsorships generally involve receiving support from a brand in exchange for public acknowledgment. Businesses might give sponsorship to anything, ranging from influencers and online competitions to streaming shows.
No one can deny that brands can benefit from paid media in more ways than one. But keep in mind that users can detect what they are, and their addition may be an unwelcome one in the experience. So always be sure to make use of it sparingly, be creative with them, and try to keep them brief, concise, and straight to the point.
Earned media is arguably the most desired form of internet media for the majority of brands. This usually happens whenever clients and customers become a part of the business’s channel. Some instances of these are unsolicited reviews, viral content, and word-of-mouth advertising. And its greatest benefit is the fact that it is more credible and influential due to its lack of solicitation.
- Viral content. Whenever any material goes viral, it essentially means that there is a high volume of people sharing the content. While the video format is most commonly associated with it, written content like articles and blogs can also go viral.
- Word-of-mouth. This usually occurs whenever customers discuss brands and encourage their offerings to others. Social media platforms like Facebook and Twitter are the channels that usually serve as outlets for this form of advertising.
- Reviews. Trusted by most consumers as much as recommendations from friends and family, reviews are a critical aspect of any form of earned media. They can have a significant impact on the image of a company which is why it’s crucial to stay on top of all reviews.
With their impact on the success of any business endeavor, there’s a bright future ahead for the use of paid, owned, and earned media in marketing. However, only through their careful execution can the company leverage these strategies to create awareness of their offerings and establish brand recognition. And by adopting best practices for these advertising strategies and investing in the services of the best PPC companies, you’ll be able to make the best use of the aforementioned online media techniques to improve your company’s visibility, secure your target market, and generate more sales for your business.