What is video marketing?
Here is almost everything you will ever need to know about video marketing.
Video marketing refers to the use of videos for promoting and marketing your products and services and for increasing engagement on your digital and social channels. It can be for educating the consumers and customers or for reaching the audience with new mediums.
Video marketing, through various means, is popular on different social media platforms. People are using media platforms such as videocreek to create the best videos ever and find a host for the same.
Importance of video marketing
Now that we know what video marketing is, we can go to its importance in today’s world.
These days, as the reports show, videos are among the top ways of creating brand awareness and popularising the brand even more. When we talk about marketing, videos are more than anything. They are a must for marketing strategies.
Videos help make the content seem more authentic when they are raw, as well as simple. It has become so easy to make videos with even smartphones in your hands. A simple ad maker can do a miracle for those trying to market products and services through videos. Click here now.
Why focus on video marketing?
That’s because, as per statistics, more than half of the population wishes to watch videos rather than read content or hear it. Videos have gathered more and more importance with years from 2017 to 2018 to 2019. Today, it is a singular marketing way to an entire business strategy. There is a surge in the popularity of videos in the form of content marketing format.
These days, videos have become a holistic approach for businesses. That means that all teams produce them. And that is done in ways such as conversational ways, actionable ways, and measurable ways.
Types of videos
There are 12 types of videos as we know of today. These are below:
- Demo videos
- Brand videos
- Event videos
- Expert videos
- Education or how-to videos
- Explainer videos
- Animated videos
- Case study and customer testimonial videos
- Live videos
- 360 degrees and virtual reality videos
- Augmented reality or AR videos
- Personalized messages
Making videos for your businesses
There is a series of steps to follow to make and use videos for your particular business.
- Planning videos by starting a conversation about the purpose with which you will be making the video.
- Script your video to keep it the right length and to prevent yourself from the need to edit it a lot. You will need to consider several points here, such as who your target audience is and what your goal is. You can think of where your video will be going live and when it will be due.
- Learn to shoot videos and try to understand your camera. You should consider features such as aperture, manual settings, frame rate, and shutter speed, and more.
- Use essential equipment to set up your studio. Use audio equipment, lighting equipment to set up your in-office studio.
- Next, prepare your talented artists who will be a part of the video that you are making—no matter whether you have experience with video making or not. You cannot deny that camera can be scary for the person acting in front of it.
- Next, you will be carrying out the shoot that you can later keep for editing needs. Better if a person great at shooting carries out this step. Shooting for edits will let you make better decisions and will save your time considerably.
- Video editing and file organization can save your project. So, organize the footage.
- Do the editing so that you will not have to bother about it later. It can be confusing in the beginning. But you have so many options to make those edits. One of these is the iMovie that is a video editing software.
- Choose the music you wish to give it. It is going to be very interesting. Music can be a powerful tool to capture the audience and keep it engaged. Note that you will need to follow the Copyright law as well.
- Last, carry out the recording of your voice over. It will consider several steps, such as finding a location and then preparing with practice. Then, you can do some testing and listen to it again.
Rest, you can just relax and watch the results. You can use an ad maker also during one of these steps.
Platforms for video hosting
Next, we come to the platforms you can use for video hosting.
There are so many channels that help you carry this out. Some of them are YouTube, Vimeo, and Vidyard. Once you have prepared it, you are ready to publish the video now. It will let the audience view the video, share it as well as engage with it.
When you talk to your friends in general, YouTube is the most popular social media platform that will come out for videos. It is, in fact, the largest video hosting platform today. It stands second to only Google when it comes to a search platform ranking or a most visited website ranking.
Creating a video social media strategy
If you wish to create a social media strategy for your videos, you may choose to go with Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, and YouTube. We have seen how to create videos with high-quality features for the business. Next, you will also need to fit the videos rightly into an excellent social network. Only then it will give optimum results.
Using videos all through the flywheel
It happens that you may create your first video, spending a lot on that one video itself. Different companies have different ways of using videos for marketing. But you need to choose an appropriate marketing strategy for videos. It will let you optimize their use and gain as many results as possible with fewer videos only. You may even be spending less comparatively when using a good strategy.
Defining goals and analyzing results
Finally, you will need to define your goals as well as analyze the results. It will help you make a better video the next time. You will be able to recognize what works better for you. It can be your skills, and it can be the media you use to make videos.