In the crowd of messaging applications, discord managed to stand out as a true communicating app for gamers, creators and friends. Over the years, it has become quite famous and experienced significant growth in its downloads after PUBG mobile came into existence.
However, if you are tired of handling so many social media, or maybe you have stopped playing online multiplayer games and wondering how to delete discord account, then you are in the right place. In this article, we will be instructing you on how to delete your discord account.
How to delete discord account (For Mobile App)?
Discords give you a choice between deleting your account permanently or temporarily deactivating it for a short period of time, in case you want to focus on something important such as yearly exams. If you want to retain the data of your discord account and join back once you have enough time to spend on the app, we recommend you to temporarily deactivate it.
Follow these steps to start the process of account removal: –
- If you have installed the discord app for android or iOS, launch it.
- Log in to your account and verify the captcha, open your email and verify the login, the same way you used to do before.
- Once done, head over to the app, go to settings > my account.
- Under my account option, you will see two options which say, disable my account and delete the account.
- Choose the precise option, enter your password and your account will either be deactivated or deleted.
How to delete discord account on a PC?
If you don’t have the discord app for iOS or Android and use a PC to log into discord, the process of deleting the account or disabling it for a short period of time is slightly different than mobile. Although, we have shared the steps below, follow them.
- First of all, go to https://discordapp.com/ and log in to your account using the email id and password.
- A confirmation mail will be sent to your registered email account in order to confirm the login. This is quite irritating but a good way to keep your account secure.
- Once done, go to settings > My account and click on the edit button.
- Now, the options for deleting the account or disabling it will show up.
- Select the desired option and proceed to the instructions of discord.
In this way, you can delete your discord account. But in case you are not able to log in to your account because you can’t remember your password for the registered email, there is one last option to delete your account permanently.
Mail to support
Discord has a great support system and they do respond to your emails, unlike Facebook. You can shoot them an email requesting account removal at email@example.com.
You need to send them the details of your account which includes, your discord app username, email associated with the account and the reason for deleting which is optional. Within a few hours, your account will be removed from their database.
Also Read: How To Quote Someone On Discord?
Transfer ownership of the server
Well, if you manage a huge group of people from your account in a server, it is necessary to make someone an in charge after you just in cases a member starts violating the server rules under your absence.
To do this, follow the steps below:
- Launch the Discord app on your PC, select the server.
- Open server settings and on the left side menu, under user management-click on members.
- Now, you have to decide who to make an administrator of the server. Once decided, type in the user name of the new owner and click on the three vertical dots.
- Now click on transfer ownership. Done!
It will take up to 14 days for your account to be permanently deleted, in that period of time you can reconsider your decision of deleting your account permanently or getting back to it.
That’s a wrap
So this is here we summed down an entire article on the topic of how to delete discord account. The entire procedure is pretty easy but in case you are not very fond of messing around with the settings. We have penned down the instructions for account removal on discord mobile app as well as discord PC.
You can also mail the discord support team and let them know about your decision of deleting your account. The whole procedure will take time, in case there’s anything bugging you, comment down and let us know.